Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Solar System Fun

Sweet reading time after baths

We had pulled this book off the library shelves, not knowing it had directions on how to make "apple pigs" in the back cover. So of course, apple pigs were made.

This exersaucer is her favorite thing!

When sister is gone to school, brother convinces me to make him his own tent, via his Koala crate instructions.


We tackled Amelia's last Kiwi crate - a "solar system" theme.
The first project was to make a scaled set of planets from construction paper.
I was amazed - immediately Amelia began to ask me if she could make the big red spot on Jupiter and how would we do Saturn's rings. I know she absorbs a lot from books, but I was truly surprised at her remembrance of the planet details.

Austin is showing how big Jupiter is.
 
Austin cut out Neptune and Uranus himself.



Then we set out to display them, in their order from the sun. Again - Amelia and Austin rattled off the order to me from memory - no memory tricks or songs to go along. 




No comments:

Post a Comment