So Patrick's work has a big Diwali celebration each year. This year it took place on the same day as Touch-a-Truck. So we sat the kids down and explained that there were 2 fun activities that we enjoy happening at the same time. They got to vote on which one we attended. Surprisingly, both big kids voted for Diwali - they said for the food! They were also excited to wear the clothes that Patrick had brought back from India earlier in the year.
Another highlight was watching the dancers.
While we were at the Diwali celebration, Austin started zoning out. A bit after we got home, we realized that he was running a fever. He ran it for Saturday, Sunday & Monday with no other symptoms. He was pretty happy to play games and read books the entire time of his quarantine.
All of the 3rd graders were given a recorder and a practice book. Amelia was more than excited to start practicing.
Her fashion sense makes me smile daily.
Colleen went into her room for naptime in regular clothes. I heard her playing until 10 minutes before time to leave to pick up the other kids from school. When I went in to get her, I found that she had changed herself into pajamas and finally fell asleep.
A big completion for mom this week! My friend, Michelle, had given me in March a box full of her saved baby clothes from her 3 boys, asking me to make a quilt out of them. I had a lot of research to do to figure out how to stabilize the knit fabrics and puzzling how to get the different sizes together. I started on it before the mold issue occurred in Amelia's room and we had to take apart the sewing room. I tried to work on it all summer, but it was slow progress, even once all the rooms were back in order. Then Michelle's dad got very sick and died this fall; I found that working on her quilt was a way to spend time praying for her. I finally finished it and was able to give it to her when she and I snuck away for an afternoon hike.
This quilt totally stretched my skills, and I learned a lot in the process. It is so humbling to be given someone's treasures and asked to make something out of them that honors the memories.


No comments:
Post a Comment