We 'painted' the bathtub with shaving cream one night before bathtime. Don't be impressed - I'm just copying what various friends have been doing; apparently it's a popular rainy day activity around here. Most of the time the shaving cream is colored with food dye, but everyone has had to bleach their grout to get it out. So in light of our current house-selling status, we opted to stick with plain white shaving cream. I don't think Amelia would have had more fun. She played for about 45 minutes before I told her that it was bathtime - she enjoyed cleaning up the shaving cream just as much as playing in it.
She ended up smearing it all over her legs and thought that was the best part. I'm not sure if she remembers the couple of times she's seen me shave my legs or just liked the feeling of it.
Cleaning up was fun too!
We pulled all the toys out of storage for our church playgroup's meeting here. Amelia was thrilled to see toys that had been tucked away for a few weeks, like her shopping cart.
It always amuses me that Amelia pulls the tube out of her vacuum to vacuum the floor. Sometimes she treats it like she's carrying a cord around, sometimes as though she's vacuuming.
We were working on eating tomato soup from a straw. She loves it! (I actually hold onto the straw to minimize the mess, but was able to get her to put her hands in her lap for the photo.)
One day while I was getting ready, she dragged the laundry basket in the bathroom and set up baby to read to her.
Somewhat warmer day to draw outside with chalk. She continues to boss me around, telling me what to draw and then she colors it in.
No comments:
Post a Comment