Sunday, March 15, 2015

Puddle Jumping & Visitors

Spring started to appear in New Jersey; and with the snow melt, we found ourselves with gross-tasting water and PUDDLES!  So the kids and I have been out puddle-jumping, trying to wear them out for good naps.

Snacks on a sunny day
(Aunt Laura & Uncle Nathan - the kids still LOVE their outdoor chairs. We actually keep them setup in the garage and they drag them in and out by themselves. Thanks!)


Austin asks for chalk and bubbles daily now.
 
Warning: Lots of videos




We play silly games that Amelia calls "Obstacle Courses" to reinforce whatever we're working on (letters/numbers/words). I just started them with Austin for his shapes. Usually we can handle doing them simultaneously, but obviously Amelia had a different idea when I pulled out the phone to tape them. I'm not sure why I kept taping or why I expected it not to escalate, but here's a long video that keeps it all real. :)

The snow had (mostly) melted from the park so we can get our swinging and sliding on.



The whole reason I kept this video is because it is so exemplary of Amelia - we start playing with a random ball found at the park and she immediately decides it's cake and it needs sprinkles.  This girl may end up as a pastry chef, or at least working at Baskin Robbins one day.
 
 
Be ready Grandparents for our spring trip - this kid won't be stopped

 
Friends from Virginia, Martha & Jim drove up and spent an evening with us. Unfortunately, Austin started running a fever (ear infection) shortly after they arrived so we ended up in the house the whole time. But the kids loved having a new audience for their antics, more attention and someone to read to them. And Martha brought us precious Easter outfits that she sewed for them (photos later!)

They loved having snack with Mr. Jim.


Indoctrinated into preschool games. Once she realized that they'd play with her, there was no stopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment