Sunday, March 29, 2015

Spring Snow + Sick Family

Quoting Amelia - "Mommy, it's pretty silly that we had snow on the first day of spring!"
 
It was a wet, heavy snow; the perfect kind for snowmen. So they went out with the goal to build a good one.  

 
As options for a carrot nose (since there weren't any in the house), I sent out a few different orange spoons. Patrick and the kids used them to eat the fresh snow. Austin liked it so much that Patrick made him a mound of it just to eat. 
 
 
That same weekend I went to a bachelorette weekend in which temporary tattoos were involved. I snagged one for Amelia so she could have one too when I returned. She was pretty proud of it. 
 
Dressed up as a "baker"
 
 

Amelia has these dress-up high heels that make a significant "clicking" noise when one walks in them. Austin has discovered them and makes a beeline for them often. It makes me giggle everytime that my toddler son can handle a pair of heels better than his older sister.


Now the screen on my phone. Just love this.

Unfortunately the kids and I came down with simultaneous head colds just as Daddy was leaving town for work. So we powered through a few pajama days at home.

Austin is getting the hang of the drill.
 
We call him our "Russian Oligarch" here.


Pudding popsicles multiple times a day. Yes please.



Lots of paint


Not a snow day, but it was requested. Why not?



After breakfast the table was pretty yogurt covered. So I pulled out the shaving cream. Again, why not? At first they looked at me like I was a crazy lady. But once I showed them how to "paint" and draw all over with their hands, they got into it.



Best part was wiping it up.

While playing with shadow puppets in my closet, Amelia asked if she could do a headstand. Random, but again, why not? She obviously needed help, but was so proud to tell Daddy that she had been doing them.

Sick kids + sick mommy = lots of video time


Thankfully the snot diminished just as Daddy got home and we headed to a children's museum for a birthday party. I didn't get too many photos but the kids had a great time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment