We made another run to the zoo.
I let each kid pick one paid-for activity. At $2 each, it's quite a bargain. :)
Amelia chose the pony ride.
Austin chose feeding the birds in the aviary. I wasn't sure how he would do, so we started with my helping him.
Then he got the hang of it...
Someone leaving gave Amelia their feed stick so they both tempted the birds. We literally stayed in the aviary for about a half hour; they were so content to feed them.
Caboose ride!
Train selfie is our summer tradition
I love the zoo.
Sporting their backpacks full of books on a weekly library visit
Various park visits and walks to the river to throw rocks
Daddy working on Amelia's throwing skills. They need work.
Using a free Ritas coupon that Amelia won from the library
We had a HOT weekend and had a few pool runs. Because Amelia knows how to do this...
...Austin has no fear doing this.
We took Labor Day as a lazy weekend, mostly playing at parks. We met up with Mia & Emma and their family for brunch at a diner and then park play. The kids mostly ignored the playground equipment and stayed in the shade, playing various 'instruments'.
Here they are on "big drums"
Can you tell that they're all playing violins?
Patrick's company work picnic - Although he had all the treats promised, he asked Ishita for part of her milkshake and she was kind to share it with him. He knows how to game the system.
Cold front came through and we found ourselves in sweatshirts, looking for sunshine at a park one morning. Again, the kids completely ignored the playground and mostly wanted to pick up sticks and bang on trees. I love how when I step back and stop offering 'activities', they play and are entertained without me. I literally sat in the grass let them goof off until I was hungry for lunch.
No comments:
Post a Comment