Birthday girl with her tiramisu.
Enjoying her birthday gifts
Unfortunately Mom started flu-like symptoms as I was traveling home from Cincinnati on Colleen's birthday. I made it through her birthday celebration, but by Monday afternoon, I was pretty sick. Patrick had to leave for Japan so he took me in to get tested. Instead of the flu like we thought, I tested positive for COVID. So he quarantined me for 36hours to try to recover as fast as I could before he had to leave the country.
Fancy food while in quarantine.
Once he left, the kids and I hunkered down for many days, Austin and Colleen eventually were symptomatic and rested and recovered also. Our days were full of audiobooks, movies, puzzles and games.
We went ahead and worked on our art projects for the month.
Amelia did a lot of food prep under instruction; she made this caramel corn treat for the kids.
While we were convalescing, Colleen lost another tooth!
On the first day that we felt up to it, we soaked up sun at the beach.
We love the lizards in our yard.
One evening we made homemade poptarts. A sure sign we were all feeling so much better.
No comments:
Post a Comment