Monday, August 20, 2018

VBS Carnival, Puddles & a Baby Shower

Amelia & Austin had VBS at the church associated with their preschool each morning of this week. I spent the entire time working on preparations for a baby shower I hosted on Saturday. The kids had a great time at VBS, but they also were eager to help me as much as possible. So I put them to work in food preparations and making treat bags.
 

 It was a pretty rainy week, so we got out one afternoon for puddle jumping after rest time. The rain picked up while we were out, but they didn't mind. We were out for about an hour and even met a family that's new in our neighborhood who were also out taking a walk in the rain. The joy these kids have in puddle jumping is the best.
 
 

 

 





 If I take all of my paper scraps from crafting for the party and put them on the table, the kids will spend 2 HOURS cutting them into little bits and gluing them into new creations. It's a win-win situation.
 


We were the family to create stories in this VBS. I had to be called to bring Amelia a new set of clothes one day as she fell in a mud puddle and was thoroughly soaked. Another day I picked the kids up to find that Austin had needed a decent amount of first aid for a scraped up knee and a red knot on his head.

This VBS ends with a kiddie carnival that the preteens put together during the week. We weren't able to stay for it last year, so the kids had been looking forward to it all year. They played games, ate hot dogs and accumulated a lot of candy. 
 

 

 

These are the moments I cling to in the middle of all the bickering.

Baby Shower time! 





I'm only able to have fun hosting parties because of Patrick's willingness to wrangle these crazies out of the house on a dreary morning. He took them to the diner, for a bike ride at Duke Farms and on a few errands to pass them time.
 

 

 

We had some errands to run as a family later that evening. The kids and I had fun trying on glasses while Daddy was actually buying new ones.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment