Because rediscovering your dress-up trunk is so much fun!
I love these goofballs.
Fun at Ian's house
Returning home and starting new projects
On Saturday, we went to Duke Farms for the kids to ride their bicycles. Being on the road all summer meant that Amelia hasn't had the necessary attention to tackle riding a bike without training wheels. So Daddy put on his running shoes and chased the bike riders while Colleen and I strolled behind. We visited the Orchid House together; then the big kids and Dad went on a longer path back while Colleen and I took our time returning.
The big kids had listened to a Sparkle Story about a brother & sister who camped out in their living room, and they requested to do the same. So we set them up, expecting for them to wake us up and be in their own beds by morning. But I guess the road trip solidified their sleeping flexibility, because we didn't hear a peep and they woke up giggly and excited that they had camped out in the living room.
We use an old iPhone as a noise machine; I later found that the kids had taken the phone and recorded photos and videos of themselves. They are priceless.
On Sunday night, we were going to the last county free summer concert, but they closed the park early because it had reached capacity. So we drove a bit further and took a walk on a new-to-us trail. Then we went out for ice cream.
I'm so grateful that I can take all 3 to the pool on hot afternoons.
No comments:
Post a Comment