The 3 day week back to school was a busy one. Amelia had both her 2nd grade field trip to the Liberty Science Center and the school's field day.
Austin came home with another student of the month award!
Chosen by the gym teachers, "Mr. U & Mr. C", for Enthusiasm.
Austin also brought home a book he wrote for Author day. The "About the Author" part made me grin.
This man also had a big week. The last year has been really hard for him, juggling the equivalent of 2 full time jobs, traveling 50% of the time and still being so present and active with our family when he is home. Over the last month, he has won three huge company awards for three different projects that he's led. Two of those awards had fancy dinners in the same week, so we got a sitter for both nights and celebrated. The R&D Excellence award was chosen by the VP; I was so impressed at the awards dinner - the VP read the prepped bio/description for each recipient (~20), but didn't read any of the prepped remarks for Patrick. He was so familiar with who Patrick is and the work he has done. I am so proud!
Doesn't everyone go to the grocery store in butterfly wings?
Or bring their reading materials to consume while Mom is shopping?
Colleen has really transitioned into that sweet helper stage. She's been putting away her own laundry for months, but now she is insisting on folding her own undies. And she's very precise. I tell her it's fine to throw them in her undies basket, but she insists on folding.
Leo came for a morning while his parents were at kindergarten orientation for his sister.
Working on a project from his Mexico Little Passports box - day of the dead mask.
A little beading for our accessories girl
They're "studying" a worm that didn't make it back into the grass after the rain.
Amelia had a make-up ballet class to attend on Saturday morning. I had planned on dropping her off and heading to get groceries, but it turned out to be that class's observation hour. So I stayed to watch. I was so surprised how different the Saturday morning versus Monday evening classes are. Amelia's Monday evening class has 2 consistent students, and they spend half of their class doing barre work and learning new steps. The teacher has raved about how far she's been able to teach with only 2 eager students. The Saturday morning class was like herding cats. They spent over half of the time on stretching, and it took a lot of time for the teacher to instruct/correct each student on form. I'm so grateful we ended up with an evening class; it makes the extra effort/stress on Monday nights worth it!
We spent the late afternoon and dinner with Henry, George & Arthur. I love how Michelle says they're like "free range chickens"; with all their property, the kids get to really play outside and roam a lot more. They slept well that night!



No comments:
Post a Comment