Our weekend was quite the mix of fun and hard work. We started the weekend by moving most of our sewing room furniture into our master room, then moving Amelia's room contents into all the other rooms in preparation for Patrick to demo a wall, looking for mold. We'd spent the past 2 weeks dealing with an intense mold smell that appeared in her room, coming from the exterior wall with a window. Mold remediators couldn't find the problem, but we knew it had to be in the wall. So we transformed the sewing room into a guest bedroom for our upcoming guests, set the 3 kids up to bunk together for a few weeks, and turned the master bedroom into a dumping ground. After getting the room emptied, Patrick & Austin took a break to watch his karate studio's adult graduation. I had e-mailed the sensei in advance to ask permission for Austin to attend and watch. So many of the adult students who work as instructors in the school were excited to see him. The sensei actually had him come and sit on a guy who was holding a plank. It was amusing, and Austin came home super-excited about seeing all that one learns as one progresses through the various belts.
While the boys were watching karate, the girls and I met friends to pick strawberries. Don't be fooled, Colleen generally avoids strawberries. But she sure had fun picking! But she enjoyed tagging along with the big kids even more than picking.
Helen and I found a playground near the strawberry farm and let the kids play for a bit before lunch.
After everyone returned home, had lunch and was set up for rest time, Patrick began the demo of the wall. He was prepared for all kinds of toxic mold.
But.....he couldn't find any mold....
How I found this girl during naptime. Thankfully, she slept through my putting a diaper on her.
Now that ballet was complete and it's summertime, this girl got her hair cut! I tried to pay attention to all the times I've watched my sister cut Amelia's hair.
She immediately wanted to go ride her bike afterwards.
On Sunday, we took the kids to a Somerset Patriots game after church. They were excited to wear the free t-shirts we had gotten from the kidfest that I had taken in to fit them. We had excellent seats and ended up with the row in front and beside us completely open; so the kids were able to wiggle about more than usual. We were pleased to see that the older two again really enjoyed keeping up with the game. Austin had begged all week to bring his mitt with him to catch a ball, just in case.
Colleen was done by the 7th inning, so she and I walked across the street to Target for a cookie and air conditioning. The big kids stayed until the end to run the bases. And they got more free ticket vouchers!
When I had taken the kids to the Patriot's Kidfest back in April, they had each gotten a free t-shirt. Of course, the t-shirts were way too big for them. I had wanted to try sewing with knits and seeing if I could downsize the shirts so they had "team gear" to wear when we attended games this summer. While far from perfect, they are definitely wearable and make the kids feel special.
a little Before and After




No comments:
Post a Comment